Saturday 9 June 2012

Hello Hello

First post, new blog, welcome!

This will be slightly different from my other, very regularly updated, blog in that this is going to be crammed with baby talk. I don't intend to talk about man cub much on the other blog, as most people don't find any interest in other people's children, including me. There is nothing worse than someone who can only talk about what their immaculate darling has done, can do and how very clever they are. I like to think I have a bit more balance, or at least the ability to keep the two separate.

Who am I and who is man cub?

I'm Heather, I'm 23 24 and live in the greater part of London. I have a fabulous husband who I've been married to since April 2011 and intended to remain married to for a super long time, and a quite awesome baby boy, occasionally known as man cub. Man cub was born on March 3rd so at the moment he's just about 3 months old, so starting to get to the interesting stage, he hasn't done a whole lot up to now but with the advent of recognising people, sitting up and making conversationalesque noises he's much more exciting. At the moment our little family of 3 are living with my parents and brother. This makes for a super crowded house but we're hoping to move out as soon as OH can get a better paid job. Fingers crossed eh? It's good for man cub though, he gets all his family around him all the time and we get on hand help and babysitters!

We go to a lot of playgroups, this pretty much fills up our week, we have one every day apart from Thursdays which subsequently becomes a dull day often filled with the inevitable task of washing and such. Although it seems there's a wash going most days right now as we've just completed our switchover to cloth nappies. Now he's a bit more predictable (and less frequent!) it's just as easy to have him in funky poo catchers as crinkly paper, and my inner hippy is quite happy about this. My inner hippy of course doesn't have to suffer the whiff of the nappy bucket after a day or two . . .

We go swimming too, once a week so he gets used to it. I miss my epic swim sessions, find it hard to believe I'm only spending about half hour in the pool at a time now!! I hope he likes swimming, it's a nice thing to be able to do with him, and I don't want him to be one of those loser kids at school who can't swim and is terrified of the water. Monday mornings are nice for swimming, our local pool has an alright tiny pool, frustratingly close to the proper lane pool....

Apart from that we're a fairly ordinary mother and child pairing, frequently out and about with man cub in his moby wrap. Now he's enjoying days out I'm looking forward to just jumping on a train into central London and teaching about cool stuff. Kids are never too young to learn life stuff, like looking at dinosaurs or just sitting in Greenwich park reading books.

Maybe once a week, or after super cool events we'll write a little blog, it's advice of sorts to others out there. Proof even the laziest of people can parent without bottles, disposable nappies and even to a large part a pushchair at the moment (although, check back on that one with me when he's a bit more or a porker!). He's already ridden on many trains of varying sizes and antiquity, been to Grand Designs Live and MCM Expo and has only more excitement to come. This week has been half term so all our playgroups are closed, it's been a funny old week and in all honesty I'll be glad to get back to normal!! Starting with a splish and a splash Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment